West Ham United news: Robert Snodgrass gives surprise reason for weight gain on loan at Aston Villa

West Ham United news: Robert Snodgrass gives surprise reason for weight gain on loan at Aston Villa
Robert Snodgrass has blamed his commute to Birmingham for returning to West Ham overweight.The 31-year-old spent the 2017/18 season on loan with Aston Villa and dined in service stations during his daily 280-mile commute, which led to his weight gain.Robert Snodgrass has revitalised his West Ham career2
Robert Snodgrass has revitalised his West Ham career
Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini warned Snodgrass to lose the pounds if he wanted a future at the London Stadium.Since that warning, the Scot has become an integral part of Pellegrini’s side, scoring twice and assisting three goals this season.“I said to the manager, ‘You try travelling from London to Birmingham and eating at services and having a balanced diet!’ I was travelling nearly 280 miles daily,” said Snodgrass.“I was up and down all over the country. Because I was on loan last year, it was difficult to get any balance or routine. It was probably the hardest year of my life but it’s the sacrifice you make to play football.Robert Snodgrass missed out on promotion with Aston Villa last season2
Robert Snodgrass missed out on promotion with Aston Villa last season
“I was trying to be a family man and a footballer, so it’s difficult. I said, ‘I’ll give you my all, just give me a fair chance and I’ll take it with both hands – if I don’t then I’ve only got myself to blame’.“This is why I wanted to be at West Ham. I never wanted to come and just take part. I wanted to be a team player, chipping in and earning my wage. There’s no other way for me. “It doesn’t matter if a footballer is earning 100,000 a week or 1,000 a week – the first thing you need to do is work hard for your team.“That’s the difference sometimes with the top managers. They motivate the players to work hard. The football was really good at Villa, it was all worthwhile. I had a terrific time at Villa.”Snodgrass is set to start his tenth Premier League game of the season when West Ham host Crystal Palace on Saturday.


West Ham United's Lucas Perez (left) replaces team-mate Marko Arnautovic during the Premier League match at London Stadium. Maybe, but West Ham didn't create too much either. Robert Snodgrass delivered some dangerous corners, but when they did break the deadlock it was something of a surprise.
Transfer window news: West Ham lead race for Snodgrass - as


West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has praised Robert Snodgrass for reviving his career with the London club. Snodgrass spent last season on loan at Aston Villa in the Championship and Pellegrini, on
West Ham denied by officials for second week running


In terms of West Ham United and the constant breaking news that encompasses all of our wants and needs, I liken the sheer speed of it to a runaway train - a runaway train being a place of sheer panic. The dominant image that raises its head when I think about a runaway train is one almighty Train Crash!
West Ham Till I Die


Oh, and Paul Lambert's still at Aston Villa, where nobody seems to be enjoying themselves. Robert Snodgrass, Tom Ince, Harry Maguire, Andrew Robertson. West Ham United.
Aston Villa 4-1 Wolves: Three second half goals see Villa go


West Ham United news: Robert Snodgrass gives surprise reason for weight gain on loan at Aston Villa 18 season on loan with Aston Villa and dined in service stations during his daily 280-mile
West Ham ace Robert Snodgrass says Aston Villa loan caused


West Ham's Robert Snodgrass spent the 2017-18 season on loan at Aston Villa Upon returning to the Hammers, Manuel Pellegrini told him he had to lose weight Snodgrass told the boss his commute to
Pellegrini singles out one West Ham man for special praise


Huddersfield 1 - 4 West Ham (And Other Ramblings) of us trying to get Robert Snodgrass back from his loan spell. Bolton Everton Liverpool Wigan Aston Villa
Chelsea - SBNation.com


For me though West Ham's new home kit is something very special, because the original shirt which has inspired Umbro, was used back in the time when I first came across West Ham United. In these times, when I was attending grammar school in my home town in Lower Austria, my classmates and I were very much interested in English football.

West Ham United news: Robert Snodgrass gives surprise reason


The chase for Robert Snodgrass continued with West Ham matching Burnley's offer and M'Baye Niang had a medical at Watford 4.53pm GMT With that I think the time has come to finish an underwhelming day of transfer news.
The H List: Huddersfield 1 - 4 West Ham (And Other Ramblings)


Aston Villa 4-1 Wolves: Three second half goals see Steve Bruce's side move up to third while Cardiff edge closer to Championship leaders. Two goals in five minutes from James Chester and Lewis
The Runaway Train That is West Ham United - West Ham Till I Die

Post a Comment

0 Comments